Monday, January 10, 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking

Soooo....what are you doing today?  I'm super excited because I FINALLY got rid of the boot! Hot damn and hallelujah! That medival torture contraption set Operation Get It Together (G.I.T.) back one full calendar week.  So I'm going to have to go extra hard to get on track. I'm not going to complain though, because without it I'd still be dragging my leg behind me like Quasimodo.  That's definitely not a good look, so I am eternally grateful.

Today I'm taking step one to changing my life!!! *Imagine me standing up, hands clenched, and shaking my head from side to side* OMG that was very Oprah of me.  I'm not sure if I'm cool with that.  Y'all know how I feel about that heffa.  I'm not going to hate too much though today, because I officially let her infiltrate my life about a week ago.  My friend Cylia suggested a fitness vision board and I had to go to Oprah's website to get to it.  I'm still a big enough hater to not provide the link.  Click on Cylia's name and she can get you there.  I don't want any parts of it. 

Anyway, the vision board.  I made the vision board because it's supposed to be a great help with getting your positive thoughts down on paper and out into the atmosphere.  I'm sure there's some fancy name for it that Oprah uses like "dream power" or whatever, I don't feel like googling it.  All I know is that I'm carrying around a copious amountz of gut meat.  My BMI is way above the MaryKateandAshley level that is acceptable for my height.  I'm down for anything that will get me back down to my fighting weight.  This board is my billboard for fineness. My poster for greatness! I've got deadlines to meet and bikinis to fit so anything that that will get me there is a positive.  Even if it's an idea that was forged in the fires of Mount Oprah.

I won't hang my head in shame because I went to Oprah for help.  There is something way greater going on here.  I'm trying to take over the world.  And minions will listen to a long, lean superfine leader way before they will listen to one that's built like a basketball.  So, if I have to use that lady as a footstool in my quest to dominate the Earth, then so be it.  Don't judge me.  Save all that hate for when I'm running things. ;-)

Despite the positive thinking and everything that is involved with this vision board, I'm also going to have to do some work very hard work.  I'll be doing another round of P90X and hopefully, I'll get to the point where I can run again.  I would really like to run a 5K or two this year.  So, all this positive thinking should get me in a two piece and running again in no time. If not...I'm blaming Oprah.

Links that may interest you:
Vision Board Tactics
The Vision Board
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vision Boards
Using a Vision Board to Activate the Law of Attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment