Monday, January 17, 2011

Conversations With My Son: Old People Edition

So today The Kid and I had the following conversation while watching the NCIS marathon on USA.

Me: I think you're awesome.  You are the best son ever.
Him: Thanks Mama. You're the best Mom ever.
Me: I think you are a great grandson and nephew too.
Him: Am I your grandson and nephew?
Me: No, but my parents and my siblings think you're pretty great.
Him: Siblings?
Me: Yes.  That's another word for brothers and sisters.
Him: Oh.  I have zero siblings.
Me: Yes, but I think you'd be a great big brother if you did.
Him: Well, I don't think you and Daddy would live long enough to know that.
Me: What! What do you mean?
Him: I mean...you both are in your 30s.  You're getting closer and closer to 99!
Me: *blank stare*
Him: Yeah, I think you all should just enjoy life right now.  Old people and babies aren't friends.
Me: Thanks for clearing that up.

See how he can take a loving mommy-son moment and piss all over it? Really? Being in your 30s is the equivalent to being geriatric these days? I can't.  Not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment