Friday, January 7, 2011

Nothing Left To Say

I remember when I was obsessed with Lil Kim.  I freely admit it.  I don't care that you judge me for it.  I Stan'd for the broad.  I knew every single word to every single song.  Hell, "Big Mama Thang" was my theme song in 1997.  I saw absolutely nothing wrong with dancing around my dorm room while playing Kimberly (because that's what I called her 'cause she was my friend in my head) blasted and sang about everything from Prada bags to blowing every R&B singer on the charts.  I didn't see nothing wrong at all.
 Nope, I liked her so much that I stuck with her through Notorious K.I.M, La Bella Mafia, The Naked Truth, and Ms. GOAT. 

I totally agreed that she was the greatest of all time.  Well, at least the greatest to ever drop hoe prose on wax.  She still is.  But somewhere, something happened.  I don't think we can blame it on the jail time.  This process started a little before that.  In my opinion, it was when she posed in people magazine with Bert & Ernie brows while holding a box that she claimed held Biggie's ashes. *side-eye* That's when shit started rolling downhill for her.  And somehow during this downhill shit storm Kimberly figured out a way to change her genetic make-up, because I looked up the other day and the heffa was an octaroon!!  Or at least some kind of creole like Beyonce' and em.  She went from the girl that EVERYBODY had hanging on the back of their door (or at the head of your bed) to the white woman nobody really wants to look directly in the eyes.  How on Earth did this happen?  Blue eyes, blonde hair, high cheek bones, and a pointy nose? Say word Kimberly?  This is what you're on? Whatever.

What's was so wrong with this?
 
No ma'am!!




















I won't say this is unacceptable, because it's her own damn head she's cutting on.  I just wish she was a little more subtle with it.  Like are the cheeks really necessary?  Did she have to go with breast that could feed a village full of famished infants? But, alas, there's never been anything subtle about Kimberly.  She does everything big and way over the top.  I wonder if this is some kind of Napoleon complex? It could also explain why she needs to get at Nicki Minaj.  Which is foolish.  But I talked about that like 3 entries ago. 

 Ah well, I think it's safe to say that my obsession with her is officially over.  The things about her that I loved the most, are the things that creep me the hell out now. *pressing play* There's nothing left to say....



No comments:

Post a Comment