Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YouTube Shenanigans: Holiday Edition

Okay, Lawd knows I loves me some Antoine Dodson.  He had me from the moment he warned me about somebody raping errbody up in the LP (Lincoln Park PJs for y'all under informed individuals).  I rocked the "Bed Intruder" song like it was something off of Billboard's Top 100 and when I tell you that I played this right here over and over and over and over again...I'm totally NOT exaggerating.  I'm like the President and CEO of Antoine Dodson Fan Club, LLC.  I even contemplated coming off of my 20 plus year Halloween ban just so I could wear his costume.  I swear I *heart* him. His silky Dominican blow out, the way he smack his lips when he talks, that little shake of the head that does when he's giving attitude.  Oh me oh my.  I'm his biggest fan.  But sometimes, even a stan like me knows when shit has gone too far.  Sometimes, a superfan has to pump the brakes and say, "Antoine...WTF?"

That's where I'm at right now.  At first I tried to blame the fact that I was perturbed by the following video on my grinchiness.  But no, no friends. That's not it.  Mr. Dodson has officially swerved out of the foolishness lane that we've been cruising in together and is now traveling on the road to ridiculousness.  It's a one way street people and homeboy is driving in the wrong damn direction.  Check this shit out:



Look.  I know we are in a recession.  I know he's trying to get his folks out of the LP.  But dammit let's not make a mockery of some shit that was so delightful that just the thought of it made me smile and giggle.  There's only so many times that making fun of yourself is funny.  Then after a while, it just becomes sad and creepy.  You're getting dangerously close to creepy Antoine.  Please come back to this side of the street and chill with me.  I'll be easy to find. 
I'll be the lady wearing this Run Tell Thatand an orthopedic boot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment