Friday, December 24, 2010

Robert's Rules Doesn't Cover This...

The following is a video shot during a session of the Romanian Parliment.  The man on the balcony is a father whose disabled child lost disability benefits.  He did not die.  He merely cracked up his face and needed reconstructive surgery.

I saw this clip last night when I was watching the 10 o'clock news and I want you to know that I laughed at it.  Hard. Over and over and over again.  I was so amused by it that I sought it out on YouTube and when I found it I laughed some more.  Before you judge me understand that I did not laugh because I revel in this man's pain.  No friends, I laughed because the shit is funny.  Plain and simple.  Sometimes life hands you lemons and it makes you do dumb shit that nobody in the world understands.  Sometimes it's so dumb that it's hilarious.  In my opinion, and I don't get paid for my opinions so take it for what it's worth, this is one of the funniest things I've seen in about...3 days.  You don't have to agree, but I ask you to check this video out before you judge me too hard.



This was not a suicide attempt.  This was a damn cry for help.  One man's personal protest.  And even it it were a suicide attempt, from the looks of things this kind of thing happens in the Romanian Parliment all the time.  Now, I don't speak Romanian (or whatever language Romanian's speak) but from this footage it looks it took a couple of those politicians 10 whole seconds to give a shit about the man trying to fly without wings. 

I think it's admirable that this guy felt so strongly about losing his kids check that he felt the need to take a swan dive into a sea of damn mahogany desks.  But, this could have been handled in so many different ways.  What ever happened to picket lines and picket signs?  What ever happened to writing an angry letter?  Look, I'm all for being down for a cause.  For getting all up in arms because I've been wronged in some way.  But there is nothing that I feel strongly enough about that will make toss myself off the top of anything.  I'm careful as hell rolling out of my bed, no way I'm going to climb on top of something with intentions to harm myself ON PURPOSE, just to prove a point.  And exactly what point what this guy trying to prove?  His child no longer has disability benefits, so he's going to crack every damn bone in his face in an attempt to show people how bad an idea it was to take the benefits away? He disabled himself to show how disabiling not having disability is? I'm totally freaking confused right now. 

I can't even take him seriously right now.  And it's obvious that some of the folks in the Romanian Parliment didn't either.  They were looking at him like, "Why are you wasting our time with this foolishness sir"?  I swear I saw one dude check the time on his watch, shake his head all exasperated and say "Fuck, I'm gonna be late for my mani/pedi!" He was super pissed about it too.  I know you don't believe me.  Look for it. 

Anyway, I'm done talking about this guy. I sincerely hope he gets the help that he needs.  And by help, I mean a series of 72-hour holds in a facility specifically designed to cater to the needs of the mentally imbalanced and deficient.  SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment