Sunday, December 5, 2010

What You Won't Do For Love

Have you ever had to do something that you really didn't want to do for the sake of love?  Like made some kind of difficult sacrifice that made you feel like maybe love really isn't worth it?  Well, of course it's worth it but you know what I mean.  In that moment you think "what the fuck am I doing here"?

I made that kind of sacrifice today.  My husband wanted to watch a movie.  This is not the problem.  I totally enjoy watching movies with him.  His commentary usually makes the most mundane story enjoyable.  And usually he picks pretty good ones.  Well, with the exception of slasher shit like Saw 1-60 and this madness that he is making me sit through right now.

It's called "The Expendables" and dammit it is living up to it's name.  If it were up to me I'd be hitting eject and dancing a jig on the DVD but he appears to be enjoying it.  I will say that the action scenes are pretty damn good.  Lots of bombs going off and lots of people getting their asses kicked/killed.  It's the dialogue that's in between all of the ass kicking that is killing me softly.  This is some of the worst acting that I've ever had the pleasure to witness.  I mean it's not as bad as some of those black church plays that they show on BET but it's still pretty painful.

I should've known it was going to be this way when I saw Eric Roberts was in it.  He's NEVER in good shit.  In fact if you see him in the credits it's safe to believe that you're dealing with something that went straight to DVD or was only in theatres for like 3 weeks.  I'm still slightly disappointed though because there are some guys that I like in it like Jason Statham and Jet Li. 

The rest of the cast was okay but I don't think they took advantage of the folks that they had.  Like Bruce Willis and Arnold Scwharzenegger, they should have had them both strap up the Uzi's and get busy in the jungle with the rest of them.  Also, I think it's safe to say that Sylvester Stallone uses steroids.  Lots of them.  Often.  I give this movie 2/5 stars.  One star for the action and the other for the tattoos.

I swear love is a bitch.  It will have you dealing with all kindsa unsavory shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment