Sunday, December 5, 2010

What About Your Friends?

So I was over at View of the World Through My Big Sunglasses reading what Lil' Lady has to say about haters.  I think she hit the proverbial nail on the head with her examples.  In fact, they all hit me right in the spot where my heart used to be. 

 
I found myself asking myself who really lets their friends go outside looking a mess?  Who condones squuuueeeeeezzzzzziiiinnnng industrial sized thighs into clothing that is four sizes too small?  Who really tells their friend that she is America's Next Top Model material, when her reality is that she's better suited for the cover of Blind Man's Weekly?  Who tells a guy that he's the next big rapper when he makes Wacka Flocka and Gucci Mane sound like they earned degrees from Harvard and MIT? 

 
My hypothesis is that there has been a severe breach in these folks circles of trust.  Somehow, someway the haters infiltrated their life and blocked all roads to common sense and good decisions.  This is why these people have problems.  Everybody needs a person or team of people in their life to tell them when they've made a wrong decision and inform them of the possible consequences of making it.  Reading through Lil' Lady's blog entry made me realize how blessed I am to have these kinds of people in my circle of trust.  Well, it's not really a circle is more like a triangle of trust, maybe even a straight line of trust, a duo of trust even.  You get the picture.  Anyway, like I was saying, these people need to have someone in their lives that is willing to tell them all of the things that the haters in their lives will not.  And since the people that say that they love them won't stand up to the challenge, I Tee, have volunteered for the job.  I'm going to consider this my community service for the millenium.  I'm behind on good deeds and angel wing earning behavior.

 
So here are a few rules of thumb to consider in order to keep the haters from wreaking havoc on your life:
  • If it don't fit, don't wear that shit. 
  • Trust everything you see in the mirror and nothing that your homegirl says.
  • If your real mirror is giving off funhouse effects consider other options.
  • Self-esteem is good.  Delusions are not.
  • Ask a stranger (or an old person), see what they say.
  • Everyday is opposite day.
Help me, help you.  Try to apply one or two to these rules to your life.  See how that works out for you.  We can't let the haters win.

No comments:

Post a Comment