Saturday, March 12, 2011

Conversations With My Son: Does He See What I See?

I'm getting LASIK! I'm so happy.  I can't wait to get rid of my glasses. The Kid isn't really feeling it though.

Me: Hooray!! I'm going to have surgery!! I won't need glasses anymore!!
Him: Surgery?
Me: Yep! The doctor is going to use a laser to reshape my eyeballs and make me see clearer! Awesome right?
Him: Uh...sure.
Me: You don't think that's awesome?
Him: I mean.  It's okay I guess...what are you going to do with your glasses?
Me: I don't know, I won't need them.
Him: So you won't wear them anymore?
Me: No. I won't need them.
Him: I like your glasses.
Me: You do?
Him: Yes.  I think you are very pretty with your glasses.
Me: Awwww! How sweet! Do you think I'm pretty without them?
Him: *silence*
Me: Hello!?!?! Did you hear me? Do you think I'm pretty without them?
Him: Well...yeah.  But I like the glasses better.
Me: Why?
Him: Because they cover your face.

I tell you what people.  If I didn't have any self-esteem, this kid would have me looking for some rope and an empty closet.  What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment