Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You want fries with that?

'Poop Burger:' Get It While It's Hot

Story posted 2011.06.20 at 09:00 AM EDT
WBALTV MOBILE News
Just in time for summer grilling: Japanese scientists say they have created synthetic meat derived from human excrement.

The news that Mitsuyuki Ikeda, of Okayama Laboratory, perfected the meat streaked across the Internet. Whether or not the whole breakthrough is a crafty online hoax remains to be seen. But if it's true, the finding -- albeit disgusting -- could have some big implications on food of the future.

A now-viral video examining the purported breakthrough -- dubbed "poop burger" -- said the synthetic meat could be an answer to the high cost and environmental damage of industrial meat production.

Ikeda and fellow researchers claim to have extracted protein from raw sewage to create the meat and added food coloring to make it appear red.

Early taste tests say the meat tastes like beef. _________________________________________________________________________

A shit burger? Oh ok.

Like for real, who the hell sits around and comes up with this foolishness? Who sits at their desk and thinks the thought "You know what would be magically delicious? Some shit.  But not just regular shit. Shit that's shaped like a burger."

And where do they find the individuals to taste test this shit?  What exactly is the selling point?  How do you get someone to come into the office KNOWING they are going to ingest today what somebody's dinner from the night before.

I'm going to tell you right now.  There's not enough monetary compensation in this universe for me to allow you to look me in my eyes and say the words "Eat this shit" and my response be "OK".  No ma'am.  I'm not built to handle that level of disrespect.  I'm going to treat you like you've threatened my life.  And you know what that means don't you?  Suplexes, body blows, and throat chops son.  The situation would NOT end well.

Nah.  There's nothing in this world that you can promise me to make me sacrifice my taste buds, dignity, and self respect for a patty made from shit.  Ya'll can play those kinds of games if you want.  I'll stick to lavishing my belly with the flesh of bovine and domesticated fowl.

[Tee's Note] This whole shit burger story is a hoax.  But I wanted to write about it because the whole idea of it just made me cringe.  I mean really? Who the hell thinks this kind of stuff is funny?  For 15 whole seconds I was questioning my status as a carnivore and joining PETA.  How dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment