Saturday, May 14, 2011

Conversations With My Son: He Got Game

So this morning, The Kid has really been getting on my nerves.  He keeps coming in here asking if he can use my laptop to play games on Disney XD.  I told him he could, but apparently I'm not moving my shit fast enough because every 5 minutes he's in here looking at me and then his watch like "Heffa, I was just in here 5 minutes ago".

Who the hell does he think he is? This is my shit! I paid for this.  Who the hell does he think he is to be coming at me with these impatient type shenanigans? The last person that came at me like this got a earful of choice words and a file folder tossed at his dome.  Well, not really, but I sure wanted to do that. 

This little dude can get it though.  So I'm not sure why he's coming at me like he don't know me.

I guess my frustration was showing on my face because we just had the following conversation:

Him:Mama are you mad?
Me:Yea. I don't like it when you don't listen.  I don't like to be rushed.
Him: Oh, I'm sorry Mama.  I just really, really, really  wanna play Disney XD.
Me: I know.  But you'll get to play, when I say you can play.  All this extra stuff you're doing is working my nerves.
Him: Don't be mad Mama.
Me:  I'm trying not too.  But you're making it hard for me.
Him:  Aww, Mama.  Don't be mad.  I think you're beautiful.  More beautiful than anything.  But I can't describe it cuz that's like comparing a sunset to a rainbow.*smile*
Me:*totally forgot what I was mad about* Shit. . I'll bring the laptop in a minute baby.

What the hell just happened here? A few sugary sweet words and a smile and he had me doing whatever he wanted.  I knew what was happening, but I had no way to fight it. But how did he know to use these types of war tactics on me? I mean, I recognized the game.  His father hit me with some stuff like that way back in the summer of 1994 (or was it 1995?) and you see where that got me!

Ugh! This shit is not cool.  I've got some survival skills to hone up on.  I'm too easy.  I gotta start treating him like I treat people in the streets. 

Hide your daughters people! He's perfecting his game at 7 yo.  Don't ever say I didn't warn you. SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment