Saturday, February 5, 2011

Here's To Hoping Your Ass Gets Kicked Too

I'm sure you see the title of this post and think "wow, Tee, that's harsh".  Well, it should be.  The other day I was watching the news and saw a story about a 13 year old young man in PA named Nadin Khoury, that was beaten and kicked and tortured for over 30 minutes by a pack of bullies.  I know this kind of thing happens everyday, everywhere, but this particular beatdown was at the hands of a very special breed of idiot: the kind that tapes the dumb shit they do.

Nadin, reported what happened to him. And somehow, someway the fuzz got a hold of the video and proceeded to go to the local high school that they all attended and locked up all those losers! I'm not ashamed to say that I smiled when they showed those jabronis being led out of the school in handcuffs.  Some people say that this is some innocent "boys will be boys" stuff.  That more lives of young, black men will be ruined if they are locked up or punished.  That jail time and the media attention will ruin their chances for higher education or jobs.  I say, tough shit.  The dummies should have thought about their futures when their overgrown man-sized asses were dragging a little boy (who looks like I have 5 inches and 20 lbs on) down the damn street by his legs or hanging him upside down from a fence.

That story has been on my mind all week.  I know what it's like to be bullied (small + quiet = target).  The shit ain't fun and I'm glad that these boys are being punished for what they did.  I was also happy to come across the following clip in my late night insomniac innanets surfing.
Did that make you misty too?  This video reminded me that standing up for yourself (even if it's after the fact) is rewarded in many different ways.  Saying nothing allows the abuser to win over and over again.  Don't ever be afraid to use your voice.

*sidenote* Did you see the size of those dudes with DeSean Jackson? A universal takeover would be a cinch with some goons like that on my team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment