Monday, November 29, 2010

The End Is Near...

This is it people! You best get your lives right because the rapture is upon us. I know you're thinking "But Tee, how can you say that? How do you know the world is going to end?"

Well, it's quite simple people: Nicki Minaj. This grown ass woman who wears nahlata hair and an ass larger Texas while calling herself Barbie, is the catalyst for Armageddon. Nicki just doesn't do it for me. All that "yah yah yah Nicki rah rah rah Young Money" shit is more than a little bit nerve wrecking. But something happened on my long drive home on the Beltway. This "Right Through Me" song I'm hearing is...different. She actually seems like she took her normal dose of meds before she got in the booth. Now don't get me wrong, what she is saying isn't profound. She'll never be a Lauryn or an Erykah, but dammit...I like the song! At first I was in denial. I tried to say it was because of that carmel drop of blue eyed awesomeness that plays her leading man in the video that makes me sit up and pay attention everytime it comes on. But I can no longer lie to myself. I, Tee, lover of all things musical and most things foolish have officially crossed over into the Nicki Minaj "like" lane. But I guess considering how I just described myself, this is appropriate behavior. Hopefully, this is just a phase. If you see my old ass prancing around in Booty Pop panties, a tutu, and a pink and green wig you have my permission to take me down Jet Li style and cart me off to the nearest mental healthcare facility.

Global warming, catastrophic natural disasters, Sarah Palin. The fact that these things exist should be clues that we are in our last days. This crossover for me is another one. Shit is real. Make amends and say your prayers folks. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment